0

A year later...

Wow, it's almost a year since my last entry. And within that period, I haven't read much since I got a bit preoccupied with pregnancy. Now that I've given birth and I'm currently on maternity leave, I turned again to reading books to keep me company during sleepless nights.

What have I been reading lately? From romance, my  interest appears to have shifted to the fantasy genre. A few months ago, a friend of mine recommended George R. R. Martin's A Dance with Dragons. I didn't pay much attention at first. I became interested when I saw the trailer of HBO's Game of Thrones.




With Sean Bean (Lord of the Rings) and Lena Headey (300) in the cast, I just had to watch the first episode. It was interesting. Season one is based on the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire series. I made the mortal sin of researching the plot of the series in wikipedia. And though I basically know the story (no thanks to the spoiler), I bought all books in the series. Many sleepless nights later and I find myself asking: when will I read A Dream of Spring? I hope I won't have to wait for a very long time.

Who's my favorite characters in the series? Initially I rooted for Ned Stark - but we all know what happened to him at the end of book one. The Imp would be the next on my list - his wit makes very interesting. I find Jon Snow a bit boring at first, but I have a feeling about this character's real identity.

So who's your favorite character?

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates