0

Fallen: The Event

Posted by miss.jinx81 in , , , ,
When I learned that National Book Store (NBS) is organizing an event where fans will have a chance to meet Lauren Kate in person, I immediately said to myself I have to be there. Never mind that Fallen and Torment fall under the Teen Romance genre. Never mind that I might have to brave a throng of perky/bubbly/giggling teenagers to just for a chance to meet a foreign author.

When it was announced in their FB page that only the first 50 to register will receive a book signing pass, I made sure I went there early. Registration starts at 4PM, so I was there around 2:30. There were already a few teens sitting near the registration, but since I thought I might look out of place, I decided to tour the mall.

I grabbed a quick bite. Guess where?



By 3PM, I began to worry I might get a signing pass, so I went back to the atrium. I tried to get information from the ladies manning the Registration table. I think I had asked quite a lot, it's a good thing that one of them ushered me to the area where the "early birds" were sitting. Good, I get to sit down while I wait. Since there's a couple of hours before the start of the event, I started to read Torment. A few minutes later, someone distributed donuts. Cool!



The event started around 30 minutes past 5. I've already finished reading the book and is getting a bit drowsy.  I would have dozed off if not for the appearance of two men dressed as angels. To the fans, it's obvious that they were there to represent Daniel and Cam, the fallen ones who fell for Lucinda Price. Daniel is the fallen who chose the good side. Cam, on the other hand is a demon. Although Daniel is Lucinda's soul mate, most readers seem to favor Cam. Girls always seem to prefer the bad boys.

Who you want to be with? Cam or Daniel?
There was a quick introduction of Lauren Kate. It was also mentioned that it is actually Ms. Kate's first time in Asia. Her husband is with her. During the Q&A she revealed that Cam was loosely based on her husband. Awww, so sweet. She gave some hints on the upcoming book in the series (Passion) as well as the final installment, Rapture. She read a chapter (the prologue) from Torment.

When it was announced that book signing will begin, there was slight commotion. Thankfully, the lucky 50 were given numbers. I think I waited for around 30 minutes, but it was worth it. Among other things, I told her I was relieved she mentioned that the age range of the fans of the series is from 11-65. I felt like kicking myself when I asked if she's already tired. I'm sure used to this. But, really what do you say to an author while she's signing  your book?



Since she will be signing a lot of books, I had expected just a signature. The fangirl in me was elated to find out a few extra words.




And of course, being an early bird has its perks. I went home with a freebie- a couple of bookmarks and a t-shirt! Thank you National Book Store. Keep 'em coming! :)


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Free Blogger Templates created by The Blog Templates